the MB&B Master's degree can be accessed by graduates of Laurea Triennale belonging to the L-2 class (Biotechnology) and previous class 1 (Biotechnology). It can also be accessed by any student with a Laurea Triennale providing a strong background (at least 60 University credits) in biotechnology-related subjects, i.e., subjects identified as "core disciplines" for the L-2 class of Laurea Triennale.
Students with a degree from a non-Italian institution:
the candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree at the time of the admission request from an accredited college or university, and strong knowledge in most (or all) of the following areas: genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry. A dedicated commission, designated by the Academic Board, is responsible for collegially analyzing the curriculum studiorum of the applicants in order to verify that the minimum requirements for the registration are satisfied. If deemed necessary, the commission may integrate this documentary assessment with an interview with the candidates. The Laurea Magistrale does not foresee a programmed number of students, with a maximum of 25 places set aside for non-EU students residing outside Italy.
In addition to the aforementioned curricular requirements, a knowledge of English equal to or higher than level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (QCER) is required.
Proficiency in English at a B1 level or higher under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is required for admission.
The B1-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate at or above B1, obtained no more than three years earlier. For the list of language certificates recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- English level achieved during a University of Milan degree programme and certified by the University Language Centre (SLAM) no more than four years before the date of admission application. In this case the process is automatic, the applicant does not have to attach any certificates to the application;
- Placement test administrated by the University Language Centre (SLAM) according to the calendar published on the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be instructed during the admission procedure to take the placement test.
Applicants who do not take or pass the placement test will be required to obtain a language proficiency certificate recognized by the University (see: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/297/) and deliver it to the SLAM via the InformaStudenti service by the deadline fixed for the master's programme (https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/).
Applicants who do not meet the requirement by said deadline will not be admitted to the master's degree programme and may not sit any further tests.
The personal curriculum of the applicants will be evaluated by an Admission Committee composed of the coordinator and at least two lecturers of the Master's degree. Successful applicants will receive notice of their eligibility and will be allowed to enroll in the Master's degree program. The Admission Committee may require an interview with the applicant in order to better assess their eligibility. The deadline for application for Italians and EU-candidates is August 25th, 2023. For extra-EU candidates applying for visas, the deadline for application is May 31st, 2023, in consideration of the particular timing related to the issuance of the visa and the need to select a limited number of places, as required by current regulations.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts